What Materials can I cast with?
We've had a lot of fun casting objects in molds made with the FormBox. Here's some materials we've been using:
What materials can I form with?
The FormBox works really well with thermo-plastics (plastics that go soft when warm). Here’s the technical terms for these:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene ABS (the stuff Lego is made from)
- Polystyrene PS (Product packaging)
- Polycarbonate PC (Drinks bottles)
- Polypropylene PP (Buckets, spades, chairs, everything!)
- Polyethylene (sheet and foamed sheet)
- PE (Insulating cases, bottles)
- Polyvinyl Chloride PVC (straws, plastic pipes)
- Acrylic PMMA (Light up signs)
- We’ll also be developing our own range of exciting materials to be used with the FormBox.
Article is closed for comments.